Narrative Magazine authors include Sherman Alexie, Julian Barnes, Rick Bass, Ann Beattie, T. C. Boyle, David Bradley, Robert Olen Butler, Junot Diaz, E. L. Doctorow, Jennifer Egan, Gail Godwin, Jim Harrison, Jhumpa Lahiri, Min Jin Lee, Anthony Marra, W. S. Merwin, Alice Munro, Joyce Carol Oates, Annie Proulx, Richard Rodriguez, James Salter, Tobias Wolff, and C. D. Wright, among others.
In addition to consistently excellent and always available stories, poems, and essays, the Narrative app also features original photography, cartoons, interviews, profiles, book reviews, and graphic stories. All for free.
- Content updated weekly.
- View galleries of original cartoons, art, and photography.
- Access an expansive archives of free works.
- Review downloaded stories when disconnected from the network.
- Tailor your own content experience by turning on or off content categories.
- Customize text size and font type to fit your reading preferences.
About Narrative Magazine
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizaiton dedicated to advancing literary art in the digital age by supporting the finest writing talent and encouraging readership across generations, in schools, and around the globe.