Chesterton decided to write this book as a companion volume to his book HERETICS ( Heretics is included in this app). Since HERETICS had criticised contemporary philosophies, ORTHODOXY was written to present an alternative viewpoint, and is therefore both affirmative in tone and autobiographical in many places. The chapter titles gives some idea of Chesterton's sense of fun as well as his unusual approach to the matter of Christianity.
Reading it I found that I was laughing one minute and seriously blown away the next. This book gave me hope that maybe there is a place for a logic and faith based Christianity which is both orthodox and stronger than a fearful fundamentalism. I like the fact that Chesterton opposes his critics while for the most part honestly respecting them as intelligent people. It's the sign of a man secure in his ideas.
Chesterton has the ability to make us see things anew. In Orthodoxy, he helps us to see the Church in a new way, and he helps us to see afresh the One who founded His Church - Jesus Christ. The book is not an apologetic for Roman Catholicism, but rather one for orthodox Christianity itself. Mr. Chesterton playfully and inductively reasons his way toward the Christian worldview.
1. Day/Night mode
- Day (black on white), Night (white on black)
2. Change font colour
3. Change font size
4. Change Text padding
5. Auto bookmarks the last read position
6. Move to previous and next chapter
7. Bookmarks last read position in each chapter and book
8. Enable full screen mode from MENU
9. Screen capture
10. Options menu
11. Clickable table of contents
12. Contents rotate automatically (portrait/landscape)
1. App for Phones AND Tablets
2. SD Card Support
3. Toolbar (Fast Access to Common Tasks)
4. Flip pages