Pegboard Area With Hangers For:
* Extension cords
* Small hand tools for hobby work
* Car repair tools
* Hedge clippers
* Weed whackers
* Tin snips
* Pruning sheers
* Weed killer spray bottles
You must have drawer storage! Also, the more things that can go behind doors the cleaner the appearance is going to look to the neighbors.
There are literally thousands of items that need to be considered when you're designing your garage storage area for cabinets. With today's creative design programs, the ideas for organization are limitless. If you take a moment to search the Internet for garage and closet design ideas, you will eventually find a free design program that will allow you to just enter your dimensions. The program will start designing every thing and yield computer drawings of what the area will look like in an instant.
A great place to start working on the dimensions of your garage cabinet storage cabinets is the depth of the cabinetry. This is really going to be determined by a couple of things.
1) How much room you have in the walk area when your car or vehicles are parked in the garage.
2) Are you using pre-cut (stock size) garage cabinets or having them custom fabricated? You will need to determine how many tall cabinets, base cupboards and wall uppers you want. Many of the garage system cabinet suppliers use a particular standard depth of cabinetry in their designs. If you don't mind paying extra, many of the manufactures who have the equipment to do so will custom build your storage cabinets for you. Otherwise, you will have to design your garage storage areas around the standard size stock cabinetry that you are designing with.
A creative design of garage cabinets will include varying depths, heights and styles of cupboards. The most functional setups I have every witnessed had room for storing household seasonal items for Christmas and Halloween as well as enough storage for mechanical and yard work tools.
Ideas for Designing and Organizing Your Stuff
1) Holiday Decoration Storage- If you do not have an attic where you would normally place these seasonal items for Christmas, Thanksgiving or Halloween, then you must utilize an area in the garage cabinetry design.
2) Vacationing Travel Bags-Having an area designated for storing luggage and carry-on hand bags should be considered in the storage cabinet arrangement.
3) Fishing, Hunting and Camping Supplies-Just about everyone needs space for the fishing rods, hunting items and camping gear. Fold-up lounge chairs, tents, lawnmowers, tree stands and tackle boxes should be considered when you are designing the cupboards.
4) Vacuum Cleaners, Brooms and Mops- A designated area for all of the cleaning supplies and tools is a great plus to have in the garage.
5) Laundry Cupboards-If your washer and dryer are in the garage, then it's a great addition to make sure you have some type of storage shelf for the laundry detergent. I prefer to make these without doors. It's a pain to have to open a cabinet door to get some detergent out.
6) Children's Toys-Go carts, bicycles, roller-blades, skateboards and tricycles are all items that need to have a particular place. Footballs, baseball gear, soccer items, tennis rackets and balls also need to be included in the garage organization process.
The sky is the limit for ideas when you are designing garage cabinets.