For the new edition of German-English, the entire database of terms has been fully revised and adapted to keep pace with developments in language and technology. Outdated and little used terms have only been removed from the print edition and remain available in the digital version. On the other hand, thousands of new entries have been selected from the flood of new terms emerging from technological progress. As a result, the total number of entries has increased to more than 230,000. Each term is described as precisely as possible with subject labels and explanatory remarks.
With more than 455,000 entries in the German-English and English-German volumes, the Ernst: Dictionary of Engineering and Technology (German-English/English-German) is the unrivalled industry standard, and is the comprehensive reference for technical translators.
About the UniLex-App for Android
- Clear and intuitive user interface
- Automatic search for all occurences of your search term. Example: searching for "blast" will also find "blast area" and "abrasive blasting".
- Filtering function to summarize search results in a list of results
- Fast scrolling in an index list
- Hyperlinks enable to navigate back and forth between the articles of the dictionary
- Display of a list of search results with a up/down page scroll to further results
- Two-list-display - headword list and search results - in the tablet-app
- You can try out the software for a limited time without purchasing a serial number from Acolada. After this trial interval has expired, the software ceases to function. If you want go on using the software after that, you have to purchase a serial number from Acolada.
- Offline usage: the UniLex app needs to be downloaded only once. No further internet/roaming cost will incur on usage.