All specific to the aviation industry, the terms have been gathered from Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, the Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM), the Pilot/Controller Glossary, and glossaries from government handbooks and manuals. Also, many definitions not found in any government publications are included.
This complete, handy dictionary app is the definitive reference source for the entire aviation industry — including administrators, pilots, aviation maintenance technicians, colleges and universities, air traffic controllers, manufacturers, engineers, government agencies, airlines, and corporate flight departments, as well as newcomers to the industry, and those who speak English as a second language.
• No internet connection required; app fully installs to your device.
• More than 11,000 aviation terms, acronyms, abbreviations, and phrases are defined.
• More than 500 illustrations to aid visual recognition.
• Includes all the terms and definitions from the popular book, Dictionary of Aeronautical Terms by Dale Crane.
• Brought to you by a trusted resource in aviation training and publishing, Aviation Supplies & Academics (ASA).
• Powerful search function features fast lookup using the first few letters of a word.
• Index lets you browse the complete database of terms.
• Word of the Day helps you learn a new aviation term daily; shake-it feature issues a new word on demand.