Collins COBUILD English/Chinese/Japanese/Korean Advanced Dictionary of American English is based on one of Collins’ most innovative dictionaries: the Collins Cobuild Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, which was the first fully corpus-informed dictionary for learners of English. The corpus in question, the Bank of English™, contains 4.4 billion words, and is constantly growing and being updated.
Dictionary features include:
• 87,000 bold references (headwords, derivatives, phrases & idioms, feature boxes)
• 273,000 translations into Chinese, Japanese and Korean: translations in each Asian language are clearly designated by the preceding cyan characters meaning ‘translation’ in each target language in the typeset sample
• 16,000 entries (with 1,000 phrasal verbs nested within)
• 41,000 definitions in English
• 43,000 examples of English in use, from the Bank of English™
• 1,800 feature boxes (language notes, regional variants, usage boxes, cultural boxes)
• CET Band 4, Band 6 and Band 6+ vocabulary is included: these words are highlighted in magenta in the typeset sample
• no internet connection needed to use dictionary
• Wildcard search: enter “?” or “*” in place of a letter when you are unsure of the spelling (e.g., “man*ver” retrieves the word “maneuver”).
• Search for similar words: e.g. clicking on “adding” in an entry yields a list of similar and derivative words: “addition”, “additional”, “additive”, “addition reaction”.
• Browse through the dictionary alphabetically or flip from one entry to the next with a flick of a finger.
• link to Google so that you can search for more information on particular words.
--Special features for revising vocabulary—
• History menu lists all your recent word searches.
• Save words and expressions to any number of flashcard folders.
• Mark flashcard words which need you still need to memorize.
*over Android 3.0 platform
* notice : copy&paste function is not available anymore because of the copyright issues.
* You may also notice a $1.00 transaction from Google, which is actually a pending authorization request between Google billing system and the bank that issued your credit or debit card, so you won't end up paying the extra $1.00.
■ CS center : firstname.lastname@example.org
Our company name is now 'SELVAS AI' officially changed from DIOTEK.
The new name reflects our dedication to Artificial Intelligence technology, all of us at SELVAS AI strive to do our best for our customers.