The first few verses invites the prophet peace be upon him, to up rise for prayers (tahajjud prayer) in the midnight and read Quran. More important is to prepare prophet peace be upon him for the descent of the holy Quran and the profound responsibility associated with it.
The main topics covered in Surah Muzammil are:
● Midnight prayers its significance and duration of Qayamulail initially and relaxation afterwards
● Instructions related to Quran reading
● Encourages the prophet to be patient and stay calm against the intolerable and the sarcastic behavior of the opponents of Islam
● The importance of relationship with Allah and the agonizing punishment of falsehood by citing a famous example of Hazrat Musa (A.S) and the end of rebellious Firaun
● On the day of judgment: The disbelievers and the rejects, the possessors of ease and plenty here in this world can’t rescue themselves from heavy fetters and a flaming fire and food that chokes
● Read Quran, and keep up praying (Salah) and zakat and whatever of good you send on beforehand for yourselves, you will find it with Allah; that is the best and greatest reward and ask forgiveness before Merciful Allah
Benefits associated with this Surah are:
● It is narrated from the Holy Prophet SallALLAHU Alayhe Wasallam that a person who recites this surah will never face bad times. The person who recites it in the Isha or Tahajjud prayers always remains clean here and even dies in a pure state.
● The rising by night for prayers is the firmest way of getting control over our own ego. This is the time when affairs of life are standstill and we are more prepared for thinking, meditation, exploring spiritual inner self and personal development.
● Exclusive devotion of ourselves in front of Allah during midnight can heal our wounds, help overcome day to day obstacles and a more direct relationship with Allah that is free from occupied mind of the day will certainly help strengthen our core ideology and belief.
● This direct relationship with Allah will also help in the life hereafter and on the day of judgment, only when there will be no one to rescue us
It is important to understand the core message of this Surah and to seek maxim benefits by reciting Holy Quran only the way our Prophet SallALLAHU Alayhe Wasallam use to do and that’s the best way Allah instructed in Surah Muzammil.
The key features of this Surah are:
● Arabic text for self-reading in both on and offline modes
● Recitation (Tilawat) in voice of three(3)most distinguished and popular personalities ; Sheikh Mishary Rashid Alafasy, Qari Syed Sadaqat Ali, Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais
● Listen in Arabic with 1)Urdu Translation 2) English Translation