With easy access, clear definitions, current vocabulary and plenty of examples this dictionary is an indispensable aid to students of English
***This is a fully functional trial!***
• Based on a 200 million-word corpus of American English that shows which words and phrases are really used in current American English, and what people really mean when they say or write those words
• Organized by meaning to help learners use English effectively
• Guidewords to help you quickly find the exact meaning you are looking for
• A 2,000-word defining vocabulary to help make definitions easy to understand
• Authentic, full-sentence examples to show how words are typically used and to help learners understand and use English more accurately
• Language Portraits to provide in-depth explanations of difficult grammar, vocabulary, spelling, and punctuation
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.