The dictionary has over 80,000 references, contemporary vocabulary, cultural equivalents, and notes on dialect. It is ideal if you're conducting business with French-speaking customers or colleagues. With Collins, you can trust each translation is correct.
The Foremost Authority on the Language of Today
• Over 80,000 words, phrases and translations
• Comprehensive and up-to- date coverage of all words and phrases you need, and French updated for the new spelling reform
• In-depth treatment of difficult words
• Cultural notes provide insight into the life in French-speaking countries
Words are tools for life. And a Collins Dictionary makes them work for you.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.