*** 50% Off - limited time offer ***
The Oxford-Paravia Italian Dictionary is the most complete and up-to-date Italian dictionary available. The dictionary covers over 300,000 words and phrases, 450,000 translations, and captures idiomatic, colloquial, spoken, and written language in both Italian and English. Incorporating phrasefinders and cultural information, the dictionary serves both as an authoritative work of reference and as a dynamic passport of both cultures.
Convenience and Easy-access Layout
• More than 300,000 words and phrases and 450,000 translations
• The most complete and up-to-date coverage available
• 7,000 most frequently used words in both languages are highlighted to help users learn essential vocabulary
• Quick-reference verb tables, grammar notes and vocabulary lists on topics such as seasons, rivers, sports, and more
• Hundreds of new words including all the latest vocabulary, as well as specialist EU terminology
• Lively and interesting cultural notes give an insight into life in Italy
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
* Small apps extension for Sony products