This is the most comprehensive and up-to-date dictionary of finance available. The entries in the new edition cover the vocabulary used in banking, money markets, foreign exchanges, public and government finance, and private investment and borrowing, and much more. The coverage in all areas is wide and international.
Over 200 new entries have been added to this edition and it has been fully updated to reflect recent developments in the industry, such as structured finance and the subprime lending crisis.
Feature entries have been included in this edition for the fuller explanation of topical and complex areas, e.g. Financial Times Share Indexes, and Bankruptcy Law. Recommended up-to-date web links for many entries provide valuable extra information. With clear and accessible definitions, this jargon-free dictionary is a companion volume to the other financial titles in this best-selling series, A Dictionary of Business and Management, A Dictionary of Accounting, and A Dictionary of Economics (all available on the Oxford Reference website), and provides accurate and valuable information for students, practitioners, private investors, and readers of the financial pages alike.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.