A medium-sized dictionary with 175,000 keywords, phrases and translations
Who can benefit in particular from this app?
For all language learners who frequently have to look up English or German terms at language school or adult education centers.
This is a fully functional Trial!
About the contents:
* Current and comprehensive vocabulary containing around 75,000 keywords and phrases and more than 100,000 translations
* Bi-directional: German => English and English => German
* With context examples, information on language use and lots of other important information on grammar
* Includes regional differences in the language as spoken in Austria and Switzerland
* With info boxes for culture, country and people
* With IPA phonetics
What can the app do?
* Looking up words in the installed dictionaries is possible via the standard phone search function.
* Easy search function: Don't worry if you're not sure how to spell a word - the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for.
* Jump from one language direction to the other with just one click: from English => German to German => English and vice versa. Access linked entries, equally with just one click
* Word of the day widget displays a random entry from the dictionary daily.
* Installation on memory cards
* A Search Tool
* Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
* A Learning Tool
* The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported - the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections