The MyCarryBuddy app uses a crowd sourced online database of locations which have posted signs restricting firearms as well as listings of areas such as government buildings, post offices, schools etc where firearms are prohibited but signs may or not be posted.
MyCarryBuddy uses the device locator function to determine the user's location and to look up nearby locations where firearms are prohibited. The locations are displayed in a list with a sample of the type of sign and details of the location.
MyCarryBuddy started in Texas to provide Texas CHL holders with current and up to date information. As new data is crowd sourced and users in other areas add additional locations and details MyCarryBuddy can be used nationwide.
MyCarryBuddy makes it easy to add new locations by automatically providing the current address of the new location. The user only has to type the name of the location and select the type of restriction by checking the appropriate boxes.
1. Based upon a continually expanding crowd sourced database. (Currently over 21000 locations in Texas)
2. Does not run in background. It uses no battery or location services in background.
3. Data searches are done at the user request to minimize data usage and maximize battery life.
4. Filter location searches based on radius from current location, location (ie city, state), location name.
5. Displays examples of signs and information for various types of restrictions.
6. Details of type of firearm restriction for each location.
7. Users can update the database by adding new locations, or editing/verifying existing ones.
Let us know if there are special restriction signs in your state, and we will add them to the system.