Oscar Wilde’s first play confronts the hypocrisy of public ‘morality’ compared with genuine, private kindness. When it opened in 1892, Lady Windermere’s Fan was an instant success and now, a century later, it continues to be revived frequently. The reasons for its popularity are not difficult to identify: the play’s witty dialogue contains many of Wilde’s most quoted aphorisms, its stylish setting provides opportunities for elegant presentation, and its cast of memorable characters play out a story which is genuinely moving. This new audiobook app boasts a cast worthy of Wilde’s creative genius.
Samuel West, Michael Sheen, Derek Waring, Peter Yapp, Nicholas Boulton, Benjamin Soames, Rod Beacham, Emma Fielding, Sarah Badel, Elaine Claxton, Delia Paton, Juliet Stevenson
“...a virtually flawless cast...”
Arminta Wallace, The Irish Times, on the original audiobook production
“Wilde’s elegant, pyrotechnic prose is very successful on audio.”
Gramophone, on the original audiobook production
“...the final scene between the mysterious Mrs Erlynne (Juliet Stevenson) and Lady Windermere (Sarah Fielding) is powerful theatre.”
Christina Hardyment, The Independent, on the original audiobook production
- Quality: top audio and artistic quality from Naxos AudioBooks.
- Offline listening: the audiobook is fully downloaded once you have downloaded the app.
- Ebook text: read the play while you listen to the recording.
- Informative notes about the play.
- Bookmarking: the app will automatically start from where you left off.
- Sleep timer: no need to lose your place because you fell asleep!