The Brothers Karamazov is a passionate philosophical novel that enters deeply into the ethical debates of God, free will, and morality. It is a spiritual drama of moral struggles concerning faith, doubt, and reason, set against a modernizing new Russia. Dostoyevsky composed much of the novel in the old Russia, which is also the main setting of the novel. Since its publication, it has been acclaimed all over the world by intellectuals as diverse as Sigmund Freud, Albert Einstein, Ludwig Wittgenstein, Martin Heidegger, Cormac McCarthy and Kurt Vonnegut as one of the supreme achievements in literature.
About Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Born in Moscow in 1821, Foydor Dostoyevsky is considered to be one of the greatest and most prominent psychologists in world literature. Dostoyevsky was incarcerated in 1849 for being part of the liberal intellectual group the Petrashevsky Circle. He also suffered from an acute gambling compulsion. Crime and Punishment was completed in a mad hurry because he was in urgent need of an advance from his publisher. Motivated by the dual wish to escape his creditors at home and to visit the casinos abroad, Dostoyevsky travelled to Western Europe in 1862. He visited France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and England. In London he attended the 1862 World's Fair and had a first-hand look at the Crystal Palace, the architectural wonder of the age. The image of the Crystal Palace, which for progressive critics symbolized the dawning of a new age of reason and harmony, was to loom large in Dostoevsky's works to come, especially Notes from Underground and Crime and Punishment.
• Integrated fully functional book App with book content, book reader navigation and configuration features
• Book content loads with the App and is available on the device at all times even when offline
• Book App offers natural look and feel to book reading experience
• Switch between day or night time reading to illuminate the screen automatically without the need for external lighting
• Configure colour of your pages and how they flip or scroll on your screen
• Choose appropriate font size for your perfect reading experience
• The App will remember when you finished reading last time
• Use bookmarks to remember specific locations in the book
• Easy access to each chapter via menu navigation feature (click catalogue in the app menu)
• Search the book using key words, phrases or lines (click more in the menu and then search)
• Define font size, line space, font colour and background (click main app menu, more, config)
• Information line in the bottom of the screen shows progress, chapter name and current time
• Main menu will appear by touching once the main screen anywhere in the page
• Main menu functions: Next, Previous, Catalogue, List bookmark, Add bookmark, More
• More menu functions: Search, Day/Night, Config, About
• Next / Previous buttons in the main menu will flip or scroll the page accordingly
• About in the main menu will present additional information about the book, such as Authors, Publishers, Descriptions and other detail.
• No additional applications or book readers required to enjoy this book
• Place the App anywhere in your device as stand-alone item or in a group or shelf of your own liking