Diary of a Madman is one of Gogol's greatest stories. The tale follows the life of a minor civil servant during the repressive era of Nicholas I. Following the format of a diary, the story shows the descent of the protagonist, Poprishchin, into insanity. Diary of a Madman, the only one of Gogol's works written in first person, follows diary-entry format. This Sovereign Classic edition also includes the following other tales: The Mantle, The Nose, A May Night.
About Nikolai Gogol
Nikolai Gogol, a Ukrainian-born Russian dramatist, novelist and short story writer, one of the preeminent figures of the natural school of Russian literary realism, with influences of fundamentally romantic sensibility, and strains of surrealism. His later writing satirised political corruption in the Russian Empire leading to his eventual exile.
• Integrated fully functional book App with book content, book reader navigation and configuration features
• Book content loads with the App and is available on the device at all times even when offline
• Book App offers natural look and feel to book reading experience
• Switch between day or night time reading to illuminate the screen automatically without the need for external lighting
• Configure colour of your pages and how they flip or scroll on your screen
• Choose appropriate font size for your perfect reading experience
• The App will remember when you finished reading last time
• Use bookmarks to remember specific locations in the book
• Easy access to each chapter via menu navigation feature (click catalogue in the app menu)
• Search the book using key words, phrases or lines (click more in the menu and then search)
• Define font size, line space, font colour and background (click main app menu, more, config)
• Information line in the bottom of the screen shows progress, chapter name and current time
• Main menu will appear by touching once the main screen anywhere in the page
• Main menu functions: Next, Previous, Catalogue, List bookmark, Add bookmark, More
• More menu functions: Search, Day/Night, Config, About
• Next / Previous buttons in the main menu will flip or scroll the page accordingly
• About in the main menu will present additional information about the book, such as Authors, Publishers, Descriptions and other detail.
• No additional applications or book readers required to enjoy this book
• Place the App anywhere in your device as stand-alone item or in a group or shelf of your own liking