Dictionary database is powered by Enciclopèdia Catalana, SAU and includes:
• 66,000 entries
• 14,500 subentries (phrases, idioms and proverbs)
• 134,000 definitions
• Morphological information (models of regular and irregular verb conjugation, irregular plurals)
• Extensive and comprehensive repertoire of common language and terminology of all scientific and technical areas
• Prefixes and suffixes
• Examples of use
• Recent neologisms
What’s New: Easy copy-and-paste functions and the Share button feature (Available for OS 4.0 and higher) allow to copy unknown words from an active application, like web browsers or email, and automatically to open the relevant dictionary entry.
Search and Input features
• NEW! Three new integrated input methods make dictionary use more convenient than ever. Search by voice using Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher), take a picture of the text and search it with Google Goggles, or enter the word in your own handwriting with Paragon’s PenReader handwriting recognition software (available for English language).
• Look up unfamiliar words in dictionary directly from the home screen, using a Quick Search Box.
• NEW! Search by voice. Speak your queries instead of typing words in a dictionary. (Use Google voice recognition service. Available for OS 2.2 and higher.)
• List of similar words is displayed in case of misspelling
• Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search (use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters).
• Integrate dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.
• Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from the dictionary is changed daily (Menu->Settings->Install widget)**
• NEW! Manage Word of the day widget settings: select dictionary direction, font size and update period (manual or automatic).
• NEW! Dictionary installation on SD card to save space of your device (Available for OS 2.2 and higher).
• NEW! Enhanced customization options allow you to choose background color. Black, white and sepia themes are available (Menu -> Settings)
• NEW! Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort (Menu -> Settings).
• NEW! Report bugs, request features and send feedback to Google Play or the Paragon development team quickly and conveniently with the new integrated support feature (Menu -> Information).
• No Internet connection required.
• Multilingual interface available in English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish languages.
About Enciclopèdia Catalana
Enciclopèdia Catalana is since 1979 a key point of reference for the Catalan language and dictionary edition, for its diversity, uniqueness and quality. It has a catalog of nearly 100 titles, including monolingual dictionaries of Catalan and the main collection of bilingual dictionaries between Catalan and other languages (Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Latin, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Swedish, Hungarian, Danish, Finnish, Sanskrit, Arabic ...), as well as thematic, encyclopaedic and complementary Catalan dictionaries.