Are you sometimes unsure how to spell a word? Or do you often write texts in which you cannot afford to make mistakes?
The comprehensive reference tool from PONS gives reliable answers to all your questions on German spelling – in everyday life, at school or at work.
Who can benefit in particular from this app?
Anyone who occasionally wants to double-check for the correct spelling.
Anyone who wants to write correctly at all times.
Anyone who is interested in and enjoys grammar and spelling.
About the contents:
• More than 140,000 keywords providing comprehensive coverage of German vocabulary
• With foreign words and Anglicisms, including vocabulary from various specialist fields
• With over 500,000 notes on pronunciation, meaning, hyphenation, style and alternative spellings
• With detailed information about the German spelling rules
What can the app do?
• Looking up words couldn’t be easier – look-up without typing:
* Simply speak your search query into the device and your search word will immediately appear in the search box as a suggestion (only for smartphones with Google Voice Search).
* Simply write your search word in your own handwriting. You can use the entire space of the display screen. Your search word will appear in the search box as a suggestion.
• Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for.
• The anagram search is an additional function that enables you to search for words with the same letters but in a different order.
• The full-text search allows you to find examples of use easily – search results are clearly displayed in both language directions at the same time.
• Searching within entries is possible and enables long entries to be searched quickly.
• Look up unknown words from any application, like a web browser or from an e-mail, simply by using the ‘Share’ button. This feature allows you to send copied text directly to the dictionary and automatically to open the relevant dictionary entry.
• Pronunciation: Listen to numerous keywords spoken by native speakers.
• ‘Word of the Day’: this widget displays a new word every day on your home page. You can learn up to 365 new words a year without even trying.
Customizable user-interface functions:
• The improved design of the user interface includes easy-to-use navigation and a search box, which make using the dictionary even easier.
• Font size and background colour may be adjusted individually.
• You can create and search your personal favourites.
• The app can also be fully installed on a memory card (available for OS 2.2 and higher).
• This application provides 100 % offline functionality. You do not incur any roaming charges.
© Denis Junker - Fotolia.com
Frequently asked questions:
+7 (495) 789-6717