24. Lord Ram apologized to Devi Sita and asked her to give permission to go to the forest. He tried to console and to make her understand to accept this painful separation.
25. Lord Ram told Devi Sita to take good care of his parents in his absence so that he could go in peace.
26. Sita said, “Oh my Lord! I am your better half. I am incomplete without you. I cannot live away from you. Please take me with you.” Ram could not say no to Devi Sita.
27. Lord Ram, Devi Sita and Lakshman ji got ready to go to the forest. They gave up the royal attire and ornaments and dressed up like a saint. They boarded on the rath and set off to the forest.
28. When the people of Avadhapuri heard this they got agitated and rushed to take a glance of their favorite prince Ram. They tried to stop Ram from going but in vain.
29. Lord Ram reached to Shrungverpur and sent the rath back to the palace. Now he started his journey on his feet with wife Devi Sita and brother Lakshman. He reached to the bank of Ganga.
30. Ram asked Kevat to help them crossing the river Ganga. Kevat said, “My Lord! You touched a stone with your feet and it converted into a woman. If my boat converts into something else what would I do? It is the only source of my income.”
31. He continued, “My Lord! I will first wash your feet and drink that water. If the magic of your feet doesn’t change me then I will certainly make you cross the river in my boat.” Kevat did the same.
32. After he got assured, he let Lord Ram, Devi Sita and Lakshman ji cross the river in his boat. After reaching on the other side of the river, Ram offered the payment but Kevat refused politely.
33. Kevat said, “Oh God Ram! You came to me and I made you reach across, the same way when I would come to you please help me cross over.” Lord Ram smiled and blessed Kevat.
34. After crossing the river Ganga, Ram came to hermit Bharadvaj ashram with wife and brother and greeted him respectfully. They took night halt and then moved forward.
35. Bharat came back to Ayodhya and herd about elder brother Ram’s dwelling in the forest. He got angry and spoke bitterly with his mother Kaikai and asked the reason why she did so.
36. Bharat set off in search of brother Ram to take him back home and to accept the succession of the crown. He found Ram in Chitrakoot where he was living with Devi Sita and Lakshmanji in a small hut.