Here are some of the things you can do with Lookup.Life:
* Find a plant using appearance (habit, bloom period, etc.), leaf morphology (shape, venation, margin), growth factors (hardiness zones, sunlight, etc.), and various special qualities (deer-resistant, smog-tolerant, etc.)
* Find a bird or butterfly you've seen using info about its appearance as well as its likelyhood of being found where you are.
* List plants or animals found near you, in order of probability, and click to learn more about any of 3.2 million species in the free
* Learn the songs and calls of 17,000 species of birds. You may select a bird of interest by scientific name or by English/French/German/Italian/Spanish common name. View or hide distribution maps, photos, and information on color, diet, and reproduction. Then play from a list of calls and songs. You may play two or more recordings at once, a trick which will hasten your learning of this bird's sound.
* Learn the sounds of local birds. To do this, we examine our database of 249,201,562 field observations, and determine how many are found near you. We then sort that list, and provide sounds and sonograms on the top birds in your area, drawing on our database of 160,168 sounds and sonograms for 17,725 birds.
* Track what you've seen and heard with LifeList. Your information is stored in the cloud, so you can access it from any device.
Once you have the name for the plant or animal of interest, you'll be able to learn such things as common names in various languages, clues to identification, behavior, habitat, ecology, distribution, taxonomy, and conservation status. Many species descriptions include photos, videos, and audio recordings.
Everything you'll see with Lookup.Life is free, and ad-free as well.