Members of the legal field know there is no place for guess-work when it comes to terminology and translations. Word Magic continuously updates and upgrades our products, guaranteeing they will reflect current and correct usage.
As a legal professional with international dealings, or as a student branching out into a new language, you will need a comprehensive tool that will permit accurate command in a complex field.
WORKS OFFLINE. Connection required only for images, voices and spell-check.
• New! You may also merge these Legal terms to our General Reference Dictionary in order to have a single application (General + Legal terms). Available as an in-app within the General Reference Dictionary
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish. Covers American and British English.
• Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag at the side.
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Innovative “Scan Function” for conceptual search of idioms and related phrases.
• Vast and detailed database, with over 82,000 entries, 141,000 translations, 166,000 synonyms and 18,000 antonyms.
• Shake for random word display.
• Search History.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
• Sync your favorites among your devices with Dropbox.
• Customize using available themes, background color, and font.
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default ON.
- More than 2,100 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
• Important Note: A translation dictionary typically includes translations only. However, ours include many definitions.
Voices powered by iSpeech.