It is possible to insert notes, underline, and create a list of favorites. Click on the speaker icon to listen to the correct pronunciation of a headword. This function requires an internet connection.
Universal App for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
• more than 400 000 words, phrases and meaning
• PRONUNCIATION of English and Italian headwords
• phonetic transcriptions and INFLECTED FORMS of English headwords
• more than 3000 phrasal verbs: from to abide by to to zoom past
• more than 120 000 specialist terms
• 3800 English adjective and verb structures made clear
• 17000 “parole amiche”: language combinations for learners of English, like to pay attention or vastly superior
• 13000 synonyms and opposites in English
• more than 600 usage notes in Italian: for avoiding mistakes and resolving queries
• more than 850 false friends: to avoid confusion between fattoria and factory, or libreria and library
• appendices include lists of irregular verbs
• gallery of 32 illustrations.
The dictionary has been updated with all the most important new words and meanings, in Italian and English, including slang and the latest technology.
This year the dictionary signals over 3800 English verb and adjective structures such as to participate in and satisfied with. It also includes a new series of notes on recent language phenomena. WordWatch explains the origins of new words such as binge-watching and notspot, as well as general language change, like the rise of the prefix uber-.
NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR DICTIONARY SEARCHES
App and fulltext search engine developed by Meta Srl - www.gruppometa.it