The Fifth Edition of The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language is one of the most comprehensive and accessible resources available on any mobile device.
This latest edition has been much anticipated:
200 Usage Experts
10,000 New Words and Senses
1 Defining Achievement
◆ entire text of this landmark new edition
◆ complete front matter and appendices
◆ real-time progressive searching
◆ three-way cross-referencing indexes
◆ spelling suggestions
◆ internal hyperlinking
◆ full pronunciation symbols chart
◆ IPA pronunciation symbol conversion
◆ detailed etymologies with links to root appendices
◆ professionally recorded sound files
◆ automatic search history
◆ bookmarks with editable notations
In keeping with the American Heritage® tradition of cutting-edge research, the Fifth Edition represents the work of a dedicated team of experts, scholars, and contributors. Thousands of definitions have been revised in rapidly changing fields such as astronomy and biology, geographical entries and maps have been completely updated, and the dictionary’s signature feature notes on word history, synonymy, and language variation have been enhanced and improved.
Word meanings are made easier to understand with thousands of new quotations from classic and contemporary writers. Etymologies explaining word origins and development have been newly created or revised to reflect the very latest scholarship. Many words are traced back to their roots in prehistory through two unique appendices showing word roots in ancient Indo-European and Semitic.
Reliable, enlightening, and visually stunning, the Fifth Edition of The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language gives you the opportunity to make your mark in the best possible way.
1. This is a partially online dictionary. A network connection is required.
2. For the best experience a WiFi network is recommended.
3. We strongly recommend a CPU speed of over 1Ghz.
4. This product has been optimized for a 480x800 dot screen.
5. This product does not (yet) support landscape mode.
6. It does not (yet) support moving to an SD card.
7. Requires a working area of internal memory of at least 60MB.
8. This app uses the AndroidMarket license verification service.
9. For reasons of support and administration, automatic notification of your Google account, device ID, MAC address, OS version and HW model will be required.
10. Maintenance, network disruption, etc of Enfour's servers or the AndroidMarket may cause temporary service outages.
11. We develop and test on OS2.2.x/2.3.x with Nexus S-grade devices. Support for other platforms and models may be limited. (We will endeavor to support as many devices as we can, though)
Depending on the device's font set certain phonetic symbols may not be displayed. This will be fixed in future versions.
Powered by Enfour's "UniDict® Engine"