This app is designed to implement the taxonomy (classification system) for modes of mechanical ventilation described by Chatburn et al (Respir Care 2014;59(11):1747-1763). It has photographs, model names, and manufacturer names for over 35 ventilators. In this app almost 300 modes of ventilation are named and classified as described in the recent textbook: Respiratory Care Equipment by Volsko et al (Jones and Bartlett Learning, 2016).
With this app you can:
1. Identify ventilator name and manufacturer by photographs
2. List all modes names on every ventilator
3. Show the classification of any mode
4. Determine which modes are the same by classification but have different names on different ventilators
5. List all mode names associated with a given mode classification
This app is the perfect tool for physicians, respiratory therapists, physiotherapists, nurses, and other health care workers who need to identify and use mechanical ventilators.