SprintDict is an application to access StarDict dictionaries on Android devices. This is GUI application. StarDict dictionaries can be downloaded to Android device from Internet or from your desktop computer.
* Suggestions while typing a word.
* Order search results.
* Expand/collapse search results by individual dictionary.
* Change font sizes, zoom in and zoom out.
* Search unlimited number of dictionaries.
* Find a word "on page".
* Enable/disable selected dictionaries.
* Access dictionaries on SD card.
* Search history.
* Integration with Quick Search Box.
1. Download and unpack StarDict dictionaries from http://www.stardict.org or from your desktop computer to your Android device.
2. Install SprintDict.
3. Launch SprintDict.
4. The application starts and the dialog pop-ups asking to enter the path to dictionaries. Click “Yes”.
5. Directory picker will be presented. Navigate to the directory where you copied the dictionaries.
6. Select the directory with the dictionaries by clicking on the button at the bottom of the screen.
7. The path will be saved and the list of the dictionaries will be presented.
8. Click on Menu button. Select “Rebuild Index”. That will start the process of creating additional index files for every dictionary to improve search performance.
9. After the indexes are built activate the dictionaries by putting a check-mark at the left of each one.
10. Navigate Back and start a search.
For more help visit http://sprintdict.bancer.net.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to access dictionaries and to write index files.
INTERNET, ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - to show ads.