Full wordlist and 100 sample entries of each dictionary to preview before buying.
The app allows to easily and quickly navigate through and try out any of 3 dictionaries, as well as experience the most advanced search, learning and translation features.
Now you can make sure that a dictionary complies with your language level and contains all words you need before purchase. Full-fledged versions are available for buying with the in-app dictionary catalog, containing:
- The Redhouse Dictionary English-Turkish / Turkish-English
- The Redhouse Portable Dictionary English-Turkish / Turkish-English
- The Redhouse Pocket Dictionary English-Turkish / Turkish-English
Convenient search methods allow you to find any word in a number of different ways:
∙ Headword search
∙ Full text search
∙ Search for anagrams (bat-tab)
∙ Search within entries to narrow down and quickly navigate larger entries
∙ Wildcard search to find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling
∙ Similar words search in case of misspelling
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples.
• Three input methods make dictionary word look-ups more convenient than ever. Search by voice with Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher), take a picture of text and translate it with Google Goggles, or enter the word with your own handwriting using Paragon's PenReader handwriting recognition software.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to dictionary.
• Use the Share button to send copied text to the dictionary directly and get the translation in one click! (Available for OS 4.0 and higher).
• English morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form.
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Built-in dictionary catalog for in-app purchases.
• Lightning-fast new engine allows dictionary entries to open as soon as you click with no delays.
• Dictionary installation on SD card (Available for OS 2.2 and higher).
• Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• No Internet connection required.
The history of Redhouse dictionaries goes back to the year 1861. Sir James Redhouse, an English orientalist who spent years living in the Ottoman Empire, published his English-Turkish dictionary A Lexicon: English and Turkish in 1861 in Istanbul. Later, he published the complementary Turkish-English dictionary Turkish and English Lexicon in 1890. Redhouse dictionaries have continued to be regularly updated and published in expanded versions, preserving the well-respected name in the area of English-Turkish/Turkish-English dictionary publishing.