The Catholic Bible, Public Domain Version was created by making a verse by verse translation of the Latin Vulgate Bible, comparing each verse to the text of the Challoner Douay Rheims version. The Catholic Public Domain Version is a new translation of the Latin Vulgate, made using the Challoner Douay Rheims version as a guide.
FEATURES of the app
* smart design by Android Guidelines
* full day and night support
* fast, easy navigation to get to a particular verse
* highlight/underline Bible verses
* add notes/bookmarks
* convenient settings: change font, fontsize
* share bible verse or several verses via Google+, Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS and etc
* search the Old & New Testaments to find verses containing an entered keyword
* screen stays lit during entire Catholic Bible reading
* landscape & portrait support
* free Catholic Bible App
We are strongly need your reviews about this app, audio feature and many others!
The Catholic Public Domain Version of the Bible is a translation of the Sacred Bible, Sixtus V and Clement VIII Latin Vulgate edition. The 1914 Hetzenauer edition of the Vulgate was the main source text. Several other Latin editions were consulted including the 1861 Vercellone edition, the 1822 - 1824 Leander van Ess edition (which compares the 1590, 1592, 1593, 1598 editions of the Sixtus V and Clement VIII editions), and the modern-day Tweedale Edition (London, 2005). The Challoner Douay-Rheims Version of the Bible was used as a guide in translating the Latin text into English. The original Rheims Douai Bible was also frequently consulted.