The main activity of the company is the production of paints, lacquers, putties and thinners.
The products are offered under the registered trade marks ALKYDEM® and BODY COLOR®, and are fall into three main groups:
1. The auto-repair products such as paints, lacquers, putties and primers enjoy the biggest share. The company has developed and adopted a colour MIX system for auto-refinish paints – both 2K Acrylic and 1К BASE COAT in coloured, metallic and pearl versions. It covers more than 40'000 colours of all car makes.
2. The second product group finds application in construction – these are latex paints for interior application, façade paints and primers for them. In order to better satisfy the customers' requirements, we have a TINTING system for these paints as well.
3. The third product group of Body Color OOD comprises the industrial paints, lacquers and primers, which are designed mainly for the machine building companies – for corrosion protection and decoration of their machines.
To control the quality of our paints, lacquers and other products, we have a well-equipped chemical laboratory.
Four chemical engineers with big and long experience in the paint & coatings industry lead the team, and this contributes to the high quality of the products and the European level of newly developed products.
Body Color's products are sold with success on the domestic market, and price-wise we are quite competitive compared to the rest of the firms which offer similar products. Part of our production is exported to Russia, the Ukraine, Serbia and Greece.
All our products meet the EU requirements for VOC (volatile organic compounds) and meet the European requirements.
The company is ISO 9001:2008 certified in line with the procedures of TUV NORD CERD, certificate No 44 100 081079.
The BODYCRYL MIX system for acrylic paints (BC 88) comprises 18 base colours. Combined properly, they produce almost all acrylic colours, used for car painting, incl. the RAL colours.
The BODYBASE MIX system for basecoat paints (BC 99) comprises 71 base components (mono-pigment, pearl and metallics with different size of the aluminium particles).
All colour recipes, found in the colour box, you can also find in the BODY MIX software which is upgraded every six months with the new colours of the new car models.
The properly combined and mixed paints are distinguished by good coverage, durability of coatings, stability of colours and are easy to apply.
Sofia production site
Located at 10Б, Djerman str., Ilientzi - industrial zone, Sofia.
Yambol production site
Located in Boyadjik village, Yambol region.
Body Color OOD has always been concerned with the environmental impact of its production. The main directions of our work aimed at protection of the environment are:
1. Use of closed type of equipment to reduce solvent evaporation.
2. Production of such products that meet the requirements of Directive 2004/42/ЕО on the limitation of emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOC).
3. Development of waterborne auto-repair products to be added to Body Color's product portfolio.
® Trade mark for Body Color's auto-repair products.
® Trade mark for Body Color's products for industry and home & construction.