The purpose of Workers' Compensation law is to protect and provide assistance to workers who are injured on the job. The law is designed to provide relief for those who are injured and an incentive to employers to have a safe work place so that fewer injuries will occur. An employee is entitled to benefits without regard to whose fault the accident was but may not sue the employer for additional damages if the injury was the employer's fault.
Unfortunately, not all injuries are covered under Maryland law. How you were injured is very important. To obtain benefits you must have sustained one of the following:
• An Accidental Injury;
• An Occupational Disease; or
• A Hernia
• Each of these injuries have specific definitions which you must understand to protect yourself. The benefits that you may claim include:
• Full payment for medical treatment from the doctor of your choice
• Money while you are unable to work; either totally or partially
• Money for any permanent disability you may have even if you can return to the full requirements of your job
• Vocational rehabilitation benefits if you cannot return to your job
• Reimbursement for prescriptions, mileage, and parking.
We utilize modern technology combined with a structure that emphasizes the relationship of the individual client to their attorney in order to meet the high expectations that our clients deserve.
• Incident Cam - takes photos of what may have caused your injury and email.
• Mailing List - join our mailing-list to receive updated information.
• Push-Notification - receive push messages about new cases and public notices.
• Legal Wall - post questions and discuss your concerns.
• Tell A Friend - share the app with family or friends that may need our services.
• Worker Compensation eBook - read "WHAT REALLY HAPPENS IN A MARYLAND WORKMAN COMP CLAIM." right from the app.