OpenManage Mobile can connect to your datacenter through the Dell OpenManage Essentials management console. This allows a user to monitor all systems managed by OpenManage Essentials such as Dell Servers, Storage, Networking, and Firewall appliances and any other supported third party appliance from your android mobile device.
OpenManage Mobile can also connect to a Dell PowerEdge server directly through the iDRAC interface. Once connected, a user can perform several basic management functions on the server. OpenManage Mobile can connect to a server in two possible ways:
1) Remotely using a Wi-Fi or broadband network from anywhere.
2) Physically at the data center using Near Field Communications (NFC) technology. This requires a Dell 13G PowerEdge server equipped with an iDRAC Quick Sync Bezel.
Key Features of OpenManage Mobile –
• Connect to multiple OME servers from a single mobile device. Supports OpenManage Essentials 1.3 through 2.2.
• Connect to multiple 12G and 13G servers individually through the iDRAC web interface.
• Connect to multiple 13G servers through the iDRAC Quick Sync interface.
• Forward server details, health status, network info, firmware info, and log entries from iDRAC via email using compatible email clients.
• Establish connections with individual 12G & 13G server OS desktops remotely using Virtual Network Computing (VNC). This feature requires the bVNC viewer. The viewer can be downloaded from the google play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iiordanov.freebVNC&hl=en).
• Receive critical alert notifications on your mobile device as they arrive into your OpenManage Essentials management console.
• Acknowledge, forward and delete alerts from your mobile device.
• Browse device details, health status, firmware inventory, and event logs of individual systems.
• Perform server management functions such as Power On, Power cycle, or Shutdown from the mobile application.
• Configure networking, credentials, and boot devices via Quick Sync.
For more information on OpenManage Mobile please visit Dell TechCenter at www.delltechcenter.com/OMM