YouTouch is the Android application for maintenance management with NFC technology: a SMMS license is necessary to run the APP.
SMMS (Smart Maintenance Management Suite) is the optimal solution to trace all the maintenance activities inside:
- oil companies,
and all plants where maintenance is a core activity.
SMMS suite consists of several application modules that accompany users in the classic inventory, monitoring, maintenance of industrial plants.
A SMMS project aims to track the performance of various activities of preventive and corrective maintenance and requires the application of passive RFID/NFC tags around facility and on many systems and equipments (fan coils, fire extinguishers, elevators, sprinklers, boarding bridges, 400 Hz generators, etc.).
Contractors and employees should read the tag with mobile devices at the beginning and at the end of each maintenance activity.
For programmed maintenance the software verifies that each reading takes place in a defined time interval, so to respect the frequency of the activity itself. In this way the system automatically verifies the contractual SLA.
With the same tag, other activities could be performed:
- checklists compilation,
- item characteristics,
- technical documents availability, etc.
For corrective maintenance the first reading of the tag allows to be sure that the activity has been started and to verify if this has happened in respect of the contractual intervention times.
The second reading states the closure (or suspension) of the activity and allows Maintenance Control Center to be aware if the problem has been solved (or not).
The SMMS system is also used as the "ticketing" system so the Maintenance Control Center, after receiving a request for repair could open a ticket and send the mission to the proper operators.
A dedicated page of the system will then monitor, in real time, the status of each requests, based on the tag readings.
In details, the SMMS system allows to:
- associate each item subject to maintenance with a NFC tag;
- verify in real time the execution of planned activities and repair activities thanks to the readings of NFC tags at the
beginning and completion of each activity;
- verify that a cyclic and programmed control respects its frequency and is carried out in a defined time window;
- generate customized checklist, making them available to operators on different data acquisition devices (phones, -
smart phones, tablet, PC), based on the operator profile;
- compile checklists, based on the single item type, highlighting problems or faults;
- allow data collection for monitoring and maintenance of each system, through dynamic checklist, including data
media type (photos, video, recordings);
- compile spare parts list for each repair;
- pinpoint the presence and the actual number of external staff present for each shift;
- open ticket from different devices with or without a tag reading;
- assign tickets to operators via devices;
- manage tickets, highlighting those interventions that exceed contractual times;
- allocate work time by cost centers;
- have analyzing and reporting tools with drill-down data analysis features.
With passive NFC HF RFID tags installed on equipment and other objects throughout the facility, staff members could use an NFC-enabled mobile phone or tablet to read the tags, thereby creating a record of which services are being provided, as well as any exceptions encountered (such as identifying another problem that must be addressed, or a part that needs to be ordered).