The app assesses organization’s architecture characteristics and calculates a score to show the current maturity level. Each assessment can be stored separately and be retrieved for future reference. It is suitable for an organization to check its performance at regular interval for continuous improvement or for a consultant to keep track of assessments from various organizations.
There are 4 functions.
1. Assess: to evaluate the current architecture maturity by measuring the architecture characteristics.
2. Result: to show detail assessment result - the current state and recommendation for improvement in each architecture areas/characteristics.
3. Chart: to show the radar chart of the assessment result.
4. Compare: to compare up to 3 assessment results on a radar chart.
The Architecture Maturity Assessment model is adapted from the US Department of Commerce (DoC) IT Architecture Capability Maturity Model (ACMM). It consists of six levels and nine architecture characteristics. Each characteristic is assessed and the results are consolidated to generate a maturity level.
The six maturity levels are:
1. Level 0 - None
2. Level 1 - Initial
3. Level 2 - Under Development
4. Level 3 - Defined
5. Level 4 - Managed
6. Level 5 - Optimizing
The nine architecture characteristics are:
1. Architecture Process
2. Architecture Development
3. Business Linkage
4. Senior Management Involvement
5. Operating Unit Participation
6. Architecture Communication
7. IT Security
9. IT Investment and Acquisition Strategy