Inspired by the great book Getting Things Done by David Allan. This is a program I wrote because I badly needed it in order to organize my own time. I failed to find anything, on any platform, that satisfied my requirements:
* Preferably Open Source
* Designed after the principles in "Getting Things Done"
* Safe; no unnecessary app privileges, no enforced integration with Google (or any other) services in order to work.
* Fast and efficient to work with
* Safeguards against losing data by accidents in stressful environments (for example by cancelling a half edited task by hitting the Android back button).
* Professionally designed and implemented (I'm just too tired with amateurish implemented "apps").
These requirements became my blueprint when I built VikingGTD. VikingGTD is free of eye candy and animations – but in stead very fast and responsive, also when the number of tasks grows during real use by busy people.
The current version is optimized for phones. A tablet enabled version is in the works and will be released soon. Synchronization between devices will also be released soon. Since I'm using the app myself to organize most aspects of my work and my life, I'm rapidly implementing new features.
* Any number of actions in one of any number of lists.
* Each action can be configured with when, where, how and at what priority. These parameters can then be used to easily sort trough and re-organize the actions.
* Search in lists and actions.
* Fast access to main functions and frequently used features
* Easy to schedule an action to any time, date, week, month, or year.
* Easy and fast to reschedule one or more actions.
* No built in limitations, no nagging about money,***NO ADS***
* No phone home, sneaking in private data or other misbehaviour.
* Import data from the TaskList app if you already use that to organize your life
* Export to / import from xml on the sdcard for backup and move to other devices.
* Flexible automatic repeat of completed actions for reoccurring tasks
This is ***free*** software, as in /really/ free software. Released under GPLv3 license.
The source code is available from github: https://github.com/jgaa/VikingGTD
There is also an issue tracking system for suggestions and bug-reports.
The author of this program is an experienced, senior software engineer, with more than 20 years experience with advanced software design and engineering.