La Crosse Seed was founded in 1947 and began its operations in downtown La Crosse, Wisconsin. In 1972 the company built a state-of-the-art cleaning and bagging facility and relocated to North La Crosse, Wisconsin. Following that expansion, La Crosse Seed was acquired by AgriBioTech, Inc. in 1997. In 2000 Paul Curran, former General Manager of La Crosse Seed, and Regional Manager for ABT struck out on his own to launch La Crosse Forage & Turf Seed Corporation. In conjunction, Des Moines Forage & Turf Seed Corporation started operations at the same time. In 2007, La Crosse Forage & Turf partnered with the Rural American Fund, a Chicago-based private equity fund that focuses on mid-sized agricultural companies seeking growth investments.
In 2013 the company changed its name from La Crosse Forage & Turf back to the original name of La
Crosse Seed to better reflect the breadth of product and service offerings available.
Our mission at La Crosse Seed has and will continue to be customer driven. We maintain integrity,
dependability, and the ability to embrace change as our core company values. It is with those values that
we commit to continuing to provide a combination of innovative quality products and expert knowledge to seed success within the forage, turf and cover crop markets.