Srimad Bhagavad Gita is a dialogue between Lord Krishna
and Arjuna, narrated in the Bhishma Parva of the
Mahabharata. It comprises eighteen discourses of a total
of 700 Sanskrit verses. On the battlefield of Kurukshetra,
Sri Krishna, during the course of His most instructive and
interesting talk with Arjuna, revealed profound, sublime
and soul-stirring spiritual truths, and expounded the rare
secrets of Yoga, Vedanta, Bhakti and Karma.
In all the spiritual literature of the world there is no
book so elevating and inspiring as the Gita.
It is the source of all wisdom.
It is your great guide.
It is your supreme teacher.
It is an inexhaustible spiritual treasure.
It is a fountain of bliss.
It is an ocean of knowledge.
It is full of divine splendour and grandeur.
The study of the Gita alone is sufficient for daily
Swadhyaya (scriptural study). You will find here a solution
for all your doubts and problems. The more you study it
with devotion and faith, the more you will acquire deeper
knowledge, penetrative insight and clear, right thinking.
Read, Listen, Reflect and Live the Gita way and you are
sure to find eternal Bliss.
About the App:
It is our humble attempt to bring you this presentation
of Srimad Bhagavad Gita verse-by-verse in Text format for
The English Translations are the work of His Divine Grace Srila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. My effort is just in bringing it on the iPhone for all you devotees.
You can get more info and support from
- Each Verse is represented in Sanskrit followed by its English Translation
- Quickly browse through the chapters using forward & back functionality
- Timer based Presentation mode to move from verse-to-verse automatically
- Email any individual verse to your friends & family with one touch of a button.
- Powerful Search feature to search within the 700 verses
- Favorites feature lets you create favorite lists and add/remove verses of your interest
Based on your inputs & feedback, we would implement more features ... all for free.
- iPod Touch