The Australasian version of what is arguably the most realistic book app yet. Reached no. 1 on the US App Store.
This app features, along with its growing collection of the world’s masterpieces, additional books from legendary Australia and New Zealand authors.†
• A growing collection of the world’s — and Australasia’s — greatest novels, plays and short stories
• Each title displayed on a custom-designed book spine
• Typeset to delight readers of quality books
• 3D animation lets you ‘turn’ pages, mimicking real books
• Choice of three text sizes
See a video demo on the GizReader web site (www.gizreader.com)
Powered by GizReader, A Masterpiece Collection was created by and for lovers of books. You can now enjoy many of the best qualities of real books, on the iPhone and iPod Touch.
Your books appear as a stack of individually crafted spines. An invitation to a feast.
Each spine’s depth tells you whether a book is short, long or in between.
Skim down the stack of books. Tap to choose. A highlight reminds you which book you were last reading.
Books open quickly. Their type is crisp and clear, beautifully set for reading pleasure.
Formatting for each book has been checked and polished, with reference where necessary to multiple sources.
Pages turn realistically, following your fingertip, with a satisfying flipping sound. (Unless you turn the sound off.)
Return to a book you were reading and the app remembers your place, even if you have resized the text. (Choose from three font sizes in your iPhone’s Settings App.) You can also gauge from the progress bar where you are in the story.
This app contains unabridged versions of some of the world’s most loved masterpieces. Its collection grows over time, via free updates.
• My Brilliant Career by Miles Franklin
• Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
• Emma, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
• Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
• Tarzan of the Apes, and The Return of Tarzan by Edgar Rice Burroughs
• The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
• A Tale of Two Cities, David Copperfield, and Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
• The Hound of the Baskervilles and The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle
• The Count of Monte Cristo, and The Man in the Iron Mask by Alexandre Dumas
• North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
• The Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope
• The Call of the Wild by Jack London
• Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
• The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
• Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
• The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
• Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
• The Invisible Man, and The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
• Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
• The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
Short story collections
• The Drover's Wife and Other Stories by Henry Lawson
• The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
• The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald
• The Garden Party and Other Stories by Katherine Mansfield
• The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
† Country-specific versions allow us to manage copyright issues with greater flexibility. We have been unable to provide an upgrade path for Australasian readers from the earlier edition of GizReader. We trust the appeal of a localised version will be enough to encourage you to buy again.
- iPod Touch