Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900) was an Irish playwright, poet and author of numerous short stories and one novel. Known for his biting wit, he became one of the most successful playwrights of the late Victorian era in London, and one of the greatest "celebrities" of his day.
The Importance of Being Earnest is a comic play by Oscar Wilde. It premiered on 14 February 1895 at the St. James's Theatre in London.
Set in England during the late Victorian era, the play's humour derives in part from characters maintaining fictitious identities to escape unwelcome social obligations. It is replete with witty dialogue and satirizes some of the foibles and hypocrisy of late Victorian society. It has proved Wilde's most enduringly popular play.
This eBook uses the established Standard Works book reader already enjoyed by thousands of users on a daily basis. It's also the same reader which powers our "U.S. Historical Documents" application which received a perfect 10/10 rating from AppCraver.com
The Standard Works book reader is simple to use, but also contains many advanced features not usually found in other eBook readers. Rather than continually flicking through little pages of text like some book readers, the Standard Works book reader displays an entire chapter or book at once for you convenience. The text can even automatically scroll for you in both portrait and landscape modes while reading. You can even highlight important words or phrases using the absolute best highlighting system available on the iPhone platform. Create notes for each paragraph which can be displayed inline and assign bookmarks to any paragraph in any book for future reference. And if that's not enough, quickly and easily find any text from any book with the fastest and most powerful search engine available on the iPhone.
The Standard Works book reader contains the following main features:
• Auto-scrolling (both variable-speed and tilt-based, portrait and landscape modes are supported)
• Adjustable fonts, size, colors, margins, spacing, and alignment (you can even adjust the font size by using a pinching gesture while reading!)
• Highlighting - 12 background colors, 12 foreground colors, bold, italic, and underline
• Night (low-light) mode - Black background with white text
• Application tips
• Bookmarks and even folders of bookmarks
• Last location in each book is remembered
• When re-launched, you're returned to the exact location you were last at while reading
• Search for words or phrases with INSTANT search results
• Powerful advanced search options
• Create notes for each paragraph which can be displayed inline
• Animated satin bookmark (similar to the one in the Classics application)
• Ability to choose the application's color theme
When you purchase this application, please take a moment and write a review for it.
- iPod Touch