*Updated for 2012 with 1662*
350 years ago, Samuel Pepys began a diary. Now you can have the experience of having his words delivered day by day to your iPhone or iPod Touch.
The Diary of Samuel Pepys is admired and enjoyed as one of literature's most compelling examples of the diarist's art. Pepy's famous record of London life in the 17th Century takes through dramatic times of plague and fire but is always brought reassuringly down to earth by domesticity and financial tribulations.
Now you can get your daily dose of Pepysian doings in this handy app. Everyday it opens on the apposite entry for that month and day. You can save you favourite entries and browse through the entries by month and year. It even has a couple of ways to remind you when you forget to read your daily insight.
- Users can now chose entries from 1662 as well as 1661 and 1660 when they open for their daily Pepys.
- The text for this diary is taken from website, The Diary of Samuel Pepys, also known by its URL, Pepysdiary.com (with kind permission of Phil Gyford).
- Reading engine allows night reading and smoother page turning.
- Also included are enhanced and additional sharing options for email, twitter and Facebook, in particular by including links to Pepysdiary.com
- Accessibility have been improved with correct reading via VoiceOver of entries and buttons.
- iPod Touch