This Blackstone Audio unabridged edition of Jack London classics comes with what is perhaps the best audiobook app available, powered by the Folium enhancedAudio™ engine (see BELOW for full feature list). This double-feature app includes two thrilling classics, THE CALL OF THE WILD and WHITE FANG. London’s adventurous nature, intuitive feeling for animal life, and superb storytelling skills give his tales an enduring place in the annals of American literature.
HONORS: Winner of the AudioFile Earphones® Award
Self-contained, this audiobook app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. It's based on a library-quality recording and built especially for your iPhone and iPod Touch. No unreadable text, no endless scrolling. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality (112 VBR, 22kHz), making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
NOTICE: This app includes the same 5-star recording that is available through Amazon, Audible and other retailers for higher prices. It is unabridged and professionally recorded at Blackstone Audio by “Best Voice in Fiction” winner John Lee. You are not buying yet another amateur or volunteer narration. No clicks, background noises, throat clearing, mispronunciations, tinny voices or monotones will be found here.
• EXPERIENCE. Almost 12 hours of narration. Created as a Folium enhancedAudio™ premium edition, this book is packed with extra functions and features not found on lesser players. Easily skip back to rehear a missed bit, or zip through the chapters at lightning speed.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the book will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and smarter than average.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. This app is airplane-ready. Once downloaded, you can listen uninterrupted, with no threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the book again.
• PLAYER CONTROLS. Includes listen (play), pause, multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, one-touch chapter- and bookmark browser. There is also a “scrub” bar that finds any point inside the chapter with just a tap.
“LEE'S COMMANDING PRESENCE IS PERFECTLY SUITED for these classic tales of the Klondike, in which animals fight for survival against all odds...He gives London's work the utmost respect and admiration in his reading while making each story his own through his captivating performance. As he brings every word to life, his enunciation is clear and his tone impassioned. He transports listeners to the desolate north, casting them out into the wild to fend for themselves. Simply stunning.” (AudioFile Magazine)
RATING: We chose to rate this app 9+ due to strong situations used in portions of the book.
The Call of the Wild
A bold-spirited dog named Buck is made a sled dog and battles to become his team’s leader.
In the desolate, frozen wilds of northwest Canada, a lone wolf fights the heroic daily fight for life in the wild.
- iPod Touch