Expand your enjoyment of literature with THE NEXT 100 YEARS by George Friedman (unabridged). This interactive mash-up experience contains a multitude of features and content to help take you beyond the words, by providing a 5-star professional reading, background ‘extras’, and more.
NOTE: This app is fully accessible, and includes support for VoiceOver.
The Next 100 Years, the most recent bestseller from George Friedman, reads like a disturbing mix of science fiction and weather forecast. Friedman, using techniques that have proven successful in his own company, has taken to predicting future events with surprising detail. Friedman unabashedly declares that the problem with most modern analysis is its lack of imagination. This leads to Friedman’s informed, but in some cases, fantastic assertions. These assertions range from increasing United States dominance, an end to the U.S.-Islamic conflict, and the effective collapse of both China and Russia, to the rise of Poland, Japan and Turkey as new super powers and a third World War over the control of outer space. Of course Friedman is not completely inflexible, he knows that most of his predictions won’t play out the way he claims, but the professional nature of his assertions and the facts he uses to back them up lend him a good deal of credence. However Friedman’s many predictions pan out, he provides a fascinating interpretation of what we may have in store for us over the next century.
Self-contained, this app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. This app was built especially for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, meaning it fits your device perfectly. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
This was professionally recorded at the Blackstone Audio studios by professional narrator William Hughes.
• EXPERIENCE. About 9.50 hours of narration. Created on the Folium enhancedAudio™ framework, this app includes extra functions and features not found in either e-book readers or audiobook players.
• PLAY IT YOUR WAY. Listening at home or the office? Tap into remote speakers with AirPlay.
• CONTROL IT. The audio player offers multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, plus a one-touch chapter browser. The ‘scrub’ bar let’s you point anywhere inside a chapter with just a tap, and now you can shake‘n’pause to temporarily halt playback instantly without looking at the screen.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the playback will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airline-approved! Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’re free from the threat of an interrupted connection. Downloads usually take just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and intelligent.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the recording you’ve come.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the app again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
• GET MORE. Other titles that you might enjoy are updated over time, helping you find that next great experience to enjoy.
RATING: Suitable for all adults interested in mature, serious discussions about the future of war.
- iPod Touch