Expand your enjoyment of literature with THE SCREWTAPE LETTERS by C.S. Lewis (unabridged). This interactive mash-up experience contains a multitude of features and content to help take you beyond the words, by providing a 5-star professional reading, background extras, and more.
NOTE: This app is fully accessible, and includes support for VoiceOver.
The Screwtape Letters has been hailed as a brilliant work of Christian Apologetics for more than fifty years. Told as a correspondence between two demons in their quest to secure the damnation of a man’s soul, this story explores a vast range of subjects, exposing the ways that a demon might try to draw a person into evil. The seasoned Uncle Screwtape, a demon of some seniority writes letters to his nephew, Wormwood, giving him advice on how best to secure his charge. An intricate satire on the modern world told from a completely original perspective, The Screwtape Letters has remained present in the hearts and minds of readers for over half a century.
Self-contained, this app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. This app was built especially for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, meaning it fits your device perfectly. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
This was professionally recorded at the Blackstone Audio studios by Audie® Award-nominated narrator Ralph Cosham.
• EXPERIENCE. About 3.5 hours of narration. Created on the Folium enhancedAudio™ framework, this app includes extra functions and features not found in either e-book readers or audiobook players.
• PLAY IT YOUR WAY. Listening at home or the office? Tap into remote speakers with AirPlay.
• CONTROL IT. The audio player offers multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, plus a one-touch chapter browser. The ‘scrub’ bar let’s you point anywhere inside a chapter with just a tap, and now you can shake‘n’pause to temporarily halt playback instantly without looking at the screen.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the playback will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airline-approved! Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’re free from the threat of an interrupted connection. Downloads usually take just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and intelligent.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the recording you’ve come.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the app again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
• GET MORE. Other titles that you might enjoy are updated over time, helping you find that next great experience to enjoy.
RATING: Suitable for anyone who enjoys satirical perspectives or the works of the Christian apologists.
“This is the best audio ever spoken of the funniest defense of Christianity ever written.” (AudioFile)
“Lewis’s satire is a Christian classic…[his] take on human nature is as on-target as it was when the letters were first published in 1941.” (Library Journal)
“If wit and wisdom, style and scholarship are requisites to passage through the pearly gates, Mr. Lewis will be among the angels.” (New Yorker)
- iPod Touch