Expand your enjoyment of literature with DAVID COPPERFIELD by Charles Dickens (unabridged). This audiobook app contains a multitude of features and content to provide you with the best audiobook experience on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch platforms. Go beyond other audiobook offerings with a 5-star professional reading, background extras, and more.
NOTE: This app was previously available in two separate parts. This new version combines both parts into a single app. This app is also fully accessible, and includes support for VoiceOver.
David Copperfield is the timeless tale of a thoughtful orphan discovering how to live and love in a cutthroat, indifferent adult world. It firmly embraces all the eternal freshness, the comic delights, the tender warmth, and the ghastly horrors of childhood.
David Copperfield is quite possibly Dickens’ most well-known novel. It was extremely popular at the time of its publication, which was originally in serial form and only later as a novel, and was praised by many of the great authors of the time period, including [Leo] Tolstoy, [Fyodor] Dostoevsky, Franz Kafka, Virginia Woolf (who was normally a harsh critic of Dickens) and even Sigmund Freud.
Self-contained, this app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. This app was built especially for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, meaning it fits your device perfectly. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
This was professionally recorded at the Blackstone Audio studios by Earphones® Award-winning narrator Frederick Davidson.
• EXPERIENCE. About 35 hours of narration. Created on the Folium enhancedAudio™ framework, this app includes extra functions and features not found in either e-book readers or audiobook players.
• PLAY IT YOUR WAY. Listening at home or the office? Tap into remote speakers with AirPlay.
• CONTROL IT. The audio player offers multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, plus a one-touch chapter browser. The ‘scrub’ bar lets you point anywhere inside a chapter with just a tap, and now you can shake‘n’pause to temporarily halt playback instantly without looking at the screen.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the playback will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airline-approved! Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’re free from the threat of an interrupted connection. Downloads usually take just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and intelligent.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the recording you’ve come.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the app again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
• GET MORE. Other titles that you might enjoy are updated over time, helping you find that next great experience to enjoy.
RATING: Suitable for teens and adults who enjoy classic works of Victorian literature, or the writings of Charles Dickens.
“This unabridged reading of David Copperfield is a joy…. Frederick Davidson excels at creating distinctive voices for all these eccentrics. Highly recommended for all collections.” (Library Journal)
“Reader Davidson handles his task with exceptional skill, creativity and energy.” (Kliatt)
“The most perfect of all the Dickens novels.” (Virginia Woolf)
- iPod Touch