Late at night, the president rushes through the pounding rain to Marine One. His advisors plead with him not to fly, but he insists. He has arranged a meeting that only
three people in his administration know about. In the midst of a brutal thunderstorm on the way to Camp David, Marine One crashes into a ravine, killing all aboard.
When the government blames the European manufacturer of the helicopter for killing the president, Mike Nolan, a Marine Corps Reserve helicopter pilot and trial attorney, is hired to defend the company. What begins as a criminal investigation soon becomes the highest-profile trial of the century, as the First Lady sues the company for wrongful death.
Self-contained, this audiobook app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. Based on a library-quality recording, this app was built especially for your iPhone and iPod Touch. No unreadable text, no endless scrolling. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
NOTICE: This app includes the same 5-star recording that is available through other retailers for higher prices. It is unabridged and professionally recorded at Blackstone Audio by Audie Award winner Joe Barrett. You are not buying yet another amateur or volunteer narration. No clicks, background noises, throat clearing, mispronunciations, tinny voices or monotones will be found here.
“Experienced stage, screen, television and voice over actor Joe Barrett's performance is perfectly matched with the book. He uses an excellent variety of voices that suit the characters. His portrayal of the opposing lawyer, a condescending and evil person, is perfect. The drama is enhanced by perfect tempo and pacing, and the suspense never sags.” —SoundCommentary.com
• EXPERIENCE. About 12.5 hours of narration. Created as a Folium enhancedAudio™ edition, this book includes extra functions and features not found on lesser players.
• PLAYER CONTROLS. Includes listen (play), pause, multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, one-touch chapter- and bookmark browser. There is also a “scrub” bar that finds any point inside the chapter with just a tap.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the book will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and smarter than average.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the book again.
RATING: 9+ For some mature content and mild suspense.
To clear his client, Nolan must win the highest-profile trial of the last hundred years, with very little working for him and everything working against him.
- iPod Touch