Expand your enjoyment of literature with BURY MY HEART AT WOUNDED KNEE by Dee Brown (unabridged). This interactive mash-up experience contains a multitude of features and content to help take you beyond the words, by providing a 5-star professional reading, background extras, and more.
NOTE: This app is fully accessible, and includes support for VoiceOver.
Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee is a historical portrayal of the American expansion into the west from the perspective of the Native Americans who were displaced, primarily spanning thirty years, from 1860 to 1890. It begins describing the first encounter of Christopher Columbus and the labeling of Native Americans as “Indians.” Each subsequent chapter addresses a specific tribe and its dealings with colonists and the U.S. Government. It follows the reactions of these tribes to the American incursion, the actions of their chiefs and their attempts at both peace and war. The book goes up through the the Indian Wars ending with the Battle of Little Bighorn and Wounded Knee.
Self-contained, this app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. This app was built especially for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, meaning it fits your device perfectly. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
This was professionally recorded at the Blackstone Audio studios by Audie® Award-winning narrator Grover Gardner.
• EXPERIENCE. About 14.5 hours of narration. Created on the Folium enhancedAudio™ framework, this app includes extra functions and features not found in either e-book readers or audiobook players.
• PLAY IT YOUR WAY. Listening at home or the office? Tap into remote speakers with AirPlay.
• CONTROL IT. The audio player offers multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, plus a one-touch chapter browser. The ‘scrub’ bar let’s you point anywhere inside a chapter with just a tap, and now you can shake‘n’pause to temporarily halt playback instantly without looking at the screen.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the playback will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airline-approved! Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’re free from the threat of an interrupted connection. Downloads usually take just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and intelligent.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the recording you’ve come.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the app again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
• GET MORE. Other titles that you might enjoy are updated over time, helping you find that next great experience to enjoy.
RATING: Suitable for adults who want to know more about the tragic history of the Native Americans.
“Original, remarkable, and finally heartbreaking…Impossible to put down.” (New York Times)
- iPod Touch