Expand your enjoyment of literature with A GALAXY TRILOGY, VOL. 1 by George Henry Smith, Poul Anderson, and Stanton A. Coblentz (unabridged). This interactive mash-up experience contains a multitude of features and content to help take you beyond the words, by providing a 5-star professional reading, background ‘extras’, and more.
NOTE: This app is fully accessible, and includes support for VoiceOver.
Before Gene Roddenberry and George Lucas, the science-fiction writers of the 1950s and 1960s were writing some of the hippest genre literature of the era. Here are three imaginative novellas from some of these pioneers of pulp science fiction.
“Star Ways” by Poul Anderson is an action-packed saga of the Nomads, space gypsies voyaging endlessly through the cosmos, and of Joachin of the starship Peregrine, who must act as both bait and trap for the deadliest foe the Nomads had ever known.
In George Henry Smith’s “Druids’ World,” a fantasy of a crumbling civilization with ties to King Arthur’s era, a strong leader, Adam Max McBride, faces off with both a corrupt ruling class and horrible nonliving polymorphs in a battle to save the homeland.
In “The Day the World Stopped” by Stanton A. Coblentz, a U.S. president and his advisors plan to use the ultimate weapon in “preventive war” against China, while a young senator who tries to avert the calamity gets unexpected help from space visitors.
Self-contained, this app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. This app was built especially for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, meaning it fits your device perfectly. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
This was professionally recorded at the Blackstone Audio studios by Earphones® Award-winning narrator Tom Weiner.
• EXPERIENCE. About 13.5 hours of narration. Created on the Folium enhancedAudio™ framework, this app includes extra functions and features not found in either e-book readers or audiobook players.
• PLAY IT YOUR WAY. Listening at home or the office? Tap into remote speakers with AirPlay.
• CONTROL IT. The audio player offers multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, plus a one-touch chapter browser. The ‘scrub’ bar let’s you point anywhere inside a chapter with just a tap, and now you can shake‘n’pause to temporarily halt playback instantly without looking at the screen.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the playback will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airline-approved! Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’re free from the threat of an interrupted connection. Downloads usually take just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and intelligent.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the recording you’ve come.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the app again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
• GET MORE. Other titles that you might enjoy are updated over time, helping you find that next great experience to enjoy.
RATING: Suitable for adults who enjoy classic sci-fi writing!
“Enjoyable from first to last. Fast-moving and convincing.” (Astounding Science-Fiction)
- iPod Touch