This application contains a professional recording of Why Geese Don't Get Obese (And We Do) -- wrapped in a beautiful and elegant player to create an immersive and enjoyable audiobook experience.
Imagine being able to consume 250,000 calories daily without gaining weight. If you had the metabolism of a shrew you could. And while most of us can't hold our breath for more than a few minutes, the Weddell seal can remain under water for a full 75 minutes! Through many amazing examples, Why Geese Don't Get Obese discusses the mechanisms humans and other creatures have evolved to gauge their need for food; gather water and oxygen; circulate blood; regulate body temperature; respond to stressful situations; and maintain other survival needs. Peppy prose and just the right amount of detail make this audiobook a delight and a fitting ode to the remarkable resilience of nature!
- Background playback and Retina Display enabled (Specific devices required)
- Automatic bookmarking to keep track of your place for you
- Gorgeous user interface to create an immersive reading experience
- Notes - Allows you to write down thoughts as you listen and email them to yourself or friends.
- Preloaded with content to allow for offline use
- iPod Touch