In Maori mythology, Taniwha are mythical water beings that live in deep pools, lakes, rivers, dark caves, or in the sea. They are often regarded by local people as protective guardians of that stretch of water or place. Beloved NZ storyteller Aunty Bea brings this wonderful creature to life in both verse and song. In this book Taniwha befriends a little boy and invites him for a swim in the deep blue sea.
You will be amazed at how these wonderful children's stories come to life with QBook. Children love being able to run their fingers over the text to hear the story and touch any word to hear it said or spelt. They will happily spend hours coloring in the book and they can record themselves as well.
It's great fun for kids of all ages and it helps with early learning and literacy development. They can even explore other languages and have loads of fun while they do it. This is the perfect gift for your children and it's educational as well.
• Personalize each book with ‘this book belongs to ...’ page.
• Swipe-to-Read™ the words to hear and playback the story at your own pace.
• Touch-to-Hear™ individual words spoken.
• Touch-to-Spell™ to hear the letters that spell each and every word.
• Auto Play to enjoy the narration.
• Use the My Narration function to read and record the story yourself and customize your book.
• Touch pictures to hear sounds from the environment.
• See special animation effects bringing the picture to life.
• Use the Color Palette to paint each page and save to customize your book even more,
• Includes Sing-a-long mode
QBook™ offers a true multi-language experience and is a great tool for learning new languages for both young and old. This QBook includes the narration, text, and user interface in these languages:
English read by the Author
Maori read by the Author
© Aunty Bea Publications, 2009
Written, narrated and sung by Aunty Bea - Piatarihi Tui Yates
Illustrated by Katherine Quin
Music by Rodger Cunningham, Taine Creavy and Rueben Farmer
Compatible with iPad only
Requires iOS 4.3+
Patent Protection 532174
Patent Pending - All rights reserved
Kiwa Digital produces multi-language digital content, creates IT solutions and develops products and services for the digital publishing and entertainment industries.