Written by an American Muslim, this work presents a brief yet comprehensive survey of the basic teachings of Islam; examines how Muslims feel about various aspects of life; tells how they worship; and describes how Muslims living in the West practice their religion.
About the Author
Suzanne Haneef, author of this best selling book and other works on Islamic subjects, has lived and traveled widely in the Muslim world. Islam, its sources and traditions, has been her object of study and inspiration since she embraced it more than thirty years ago. The present volume is the product of her search and understanding of the past three decades.
1. Relation between the sexes
2. Islamic festivals and observances
3. Family life
4. Islam in society
5. Islamic values and qualities : the islamic personality
6. Acts of worship declaration of faith (shahadah)
7. Prayer (salat)
8. Fasting (sawm)
9. Poor-Due (zakat)
10. Pilgrimage (Hajj)
11. The performance of the acts of worsship salat