THE RUNAWAY PEPPERCORN by Suchitra Ramadurai, art Ashok Rajagopalan, is a bilingual book in Hindi and English. Amminikutty Amma picks out the last peppercorn from her spice box to make some tasty onion chutney. But little Kurumolagu has no intention of being ground and eaten just yet. With a desperate Amminikutty Amma hot on his heels, he hops, jumps, skids, brakes, revs and races his way away. This ‘beautifully told and very charming story’ was chosen for an award in the 2003-2004 Commonwealth Short Story Competition from among 3700 entries. The lively animation-style pictures keep the book pounding with energy. This eBook has been designed for viewing in iPad. Thanks for your interest in this book.
- Switch between Hindi and English from any page using animation transition.
- Comes with read-along recordings in two languages(English and Hindi).
- Record your own voice for read-along.
- Playback in your own voice or pre-recorded voice. Switch at any time.
- Dual mode page flip - swipe for older readers and flip help for younger readers.
- Jump to any page using page gallery.
- Auto flip automatically turns to next page when playback for the page finishes.
About the publishers:
Tulika is an independent publishing house producing quality books for children. These books reflect a world peopled by the many and the few, the small and the big, the same and the different, speaking different langauges, of different faiths, in a myriad colours. For more information, visit www.tulikabooks.com. Connect with Tulika Books on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/tulika.books , on Twitter - @tulikabooks .
Fliplog kidbooks is a series of interactive, multi-lingual digital books. Using elegant design and interactive user experience, Fliplog helps children enjoy conventional books in the new digital medium. For complete list of Fliplog kidbooks, search "Fliplog" in app store. For more information, visit www.fliplog.com. Connect with Fliplog on Facebook - http://bit.ly/fliplog , on Twitter - @flip_log. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.