SARAH by Kaylene Johnson (unabridged) is presented by Blackstone Audio and comes with what is perhaps the best audiobook app available (see FEATURES, below).
In 2006, Sarah Palin became a long-shot candidate for Alaska governor, demanding a higher ethical standard in state government. When a political scandal hit, Alaskans began listening to Palin’s reform message, and they liked what they heard.
NOTICE: This app includes the exact same 5-star recording offered elsewhere at much higher prices. It was professionally recorded by Blackstone Audio’s Earphones® Award-winning narrator, Cassandra Campbell. You are not buying yet another amateur or volunteer narration. No clicks, background noises, throat clearing, mispronunciations, tinny voices or monotones will be found here.
• EXPERIENCE. About 3 hours of narration. Created as a Folium enhancedAudio™ edition, this book includes extra functions and features not found on lesser players.
• PLAYER CONTROLS. Includes listen (play), pause, multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, one-touch chapter- and bookmark browser. There is also a “scrub” bar that finds any point inside the chapter with just a tap.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the book will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and smarter than average.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the book again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends or Twitter feed.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for books, functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
RATING: Suitable for all who are interested in Sarah Palin’s path to becoming governor of Alaska.
In 2006, an angel-faced but tough 42-year-old former small-town mayor named Sarah Palin became a long-shot candidate for Alaska governor, demanding a higher ethical standard in state government. When a major political scandal rocked Alaska politics, Palin’s populist reform message suddenly became front-page news. Alaskans began listening to her, and they liked what they heard. Surprising everyone, Palin thumped both a sitting governor in the Republican primary election and a former governor in the general election to become Alaska's first female chief executive and its youngest ever.
Now, as her amazing political rise continues, it is time for the rest of America to meet this formidable, independent woman with the designer glasses and heels, a freezer full of moose she hunted herself, and most importantly, the political instincts of a seasoned pro.
- iPod Touch